By Victor Roberts @ Vegas Partner Lounge
Texas Hold’Em is a variation of the popular card game, Poker. And it could be argued that it is easily one of the most played versions of the game. The rules of the game are fairly simple and it only takes a few moments to learn how to play. Even though this is the case, becoming a pro and becoming a master of the game, will take a lot longer. The object of the game is to compile the highest ranking five-card hand.
- The game begins when the dealer shuffles a standard 52-card deck.
- The first two players to the left of the dealer place their bets.
- The first bets the ‘first blind’ which is twice the predetermined minimum bet. The ‘second’ blind bets the minimum bet required.
- Each player is then dealt two cards face down, known as the hole cards and betting begins. Players can raise the bet or choose to fold.
- The dealer then places five cards, face down on the table and reveals the first three.
- Another round of betting takes place.
- This is repeated until all five community cards are face up on the table. Players can raise their bets or ‘fold’ at any time.
- One final round of betting takes place as players try to make up the best hand with their two hole cards and the community cards.
- The players reveal their cards and the highest hand wins.